The Parade Enterprise Centre – Opened to the public on Monday, 7th September 2015!
The Parade Enterprise Centre is an exciting new space at the heart of Blacon. It replaces some of the old Parade shops and gives us exciting opportunities to provide high quality, contemporary and cost effective facilities for a wide range of community and family activities. We have designed the new centre with flexibility in mind. There are a number of different sized rooms available as well as the option to combine them to give even greater capacity. Whether you need a private meeting room for 20 or a large function room for a 200 people or anything in between, take a look at our centre.
The 3 main rooms available to hire are;
- Blacon Community Hall (200 people)
- Community Room (53 people) &
- Conference room (22 people)
There is a kitchen available with the Community Hall and all rooms have access to projectors and screens. You can use this site to find out more about our rooms, equipment and the services we can offer by contacting Avenue Services on 0300 123 1471. The building incorporates the latest features to ensure a fully sustainable and eco-friendly future. It is built to the highest standards.
Contact us to make a booking on 0300 123 1741.
The Parade – A new town centre for Blacon.
Sanctuary Group, are pleased to announce that The Parade redevelopment is now complete. This £19.5million project aims to regenerate Blacon, by improving health, welfare, living standards, education and employment opportunities for local residents, and by improving business prospects for local traders. All partners involved are proud to be bringing The Parade vision to life.
The redevelopment of The Parade will provide:
- 62 new homes – 36 x 1 and 2 bed apartments for over 55’s, 10 x 2 and 3 bed family homes and 8 x 1 bed apartments
- a new library on the ground floor –
- a Community Room and Community Hall available for hire and to hold local meetings
- office space for new or expanding businesses to rent with on site business support
- 375m2 of retail space
- Health Facility – to be provided by NHS at a later date, to be confirmed
- Improvements to the shop fronts along the East Parade
- Re-modelling to the entrances to Tomlins Terrace
- New and improved public realm area and a new play area
- New access road and driveways for Burton Road residents
The Parade was developed with funding secured from Cheshire West and Chester Council, the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Services that moved
|Avenue Services Office||72 Hatton Road||Parade Enterprise Centre, 14 The Parade|
|Blacon Library||Western Avenue||Parade Enterprise Centre, 14 The Parade|
|West Cheshire College||15 The Parade||Blacon High School Community Wing|
|Hair Parade||14 The Parade||3 The Parade|
|Spar||11 The Parade||13 The Parade|
|MC Cook Bookmakers||Church Way||10 The Parade|
|Youth Services||Delta Centre||Blacon Youth Services Building, Cairns Crescent|