- On the first cut of the season all grass will be cut and collected
- All grass cuts thereafter will be cut and flown and all edges will be strimmed and paths blown free of grass.
- Turnaround for cuts during the growing season can fluctuate but a 15 to 21 calendar day turnaround is the target, which also allows for bank holidays.
The first hedge cut of sheltered schemes, communal areas and any open spaces will commence in May.
Shrub pruning will commence in November through to February on all sheltered schemes, open spaces and communal areas.
Hedges will also receive a second cut between November and February.
Gritting will be carried out to assist the caretakers in spells of particularly adverse weather especially around all our sheltered properties.
Enclosed garden work – Free Discretionary Gardening Service.
At present the enclosed garden service is discretionary and offers 4 visits from April to October to give a basic grass cut and 2 hedge cuts if required. No weed spraying or shrub pruning is undertaken. Resident’s green waste wheelie bins will be used to dispose of any green waste. Residents can apply for this service by completing an application form and signing to declare they meet the following criteria
- Disabled with no family living at the property or within the Chester District.
- Senior Citizen with no family living at the property or within Chester District.
Residents are responsible for trees in their gardens unless they receive assisted gardening services from the Trust. Trees on communal, sheltered and open spaces will be monitored for Health and Safety reasons only and any works required will be for this reason only.
Caretaking and Cleaning
Service Standards for three storeys
Each week each block of six flats will receive the following:
- Clean all internal communal areas including stairs, banisters, inside of windows and sills
- Clean around front and rear communal entrances including main doors, glass and frames
- Remove all cobwebs from main door entrances and camera systems if fitted
- Check and clear communal yards of bulk rubbish
Service standards for high-rises
- Daily mop of foyer and front entrance
- Daily litter pick around the shrub beds
- Daily clean of lifts and mirrors
- Daily check of communal fixtures and fittings
- Daily visual inspection of all floors twice per day
- Weekly clean of all stairwell banisters
- Weekly clean of communal window sills
- Weekly mop and sweep of all floors and stairwells
- Weekly clean of bin room
- Monitor of CCTV when required
- Clearing of spillages as and when required including unblocking bin chutes
- Half year deep clean of all floors