Avenue Services Board Director Vacancy
10 August 2018
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for a Blacon Resident to become a member of the Avenue Services Board as a Community Director.
What is Avenue Services?
Avenue Services is a company limited by guarantee and is a joint venture between Sanctuary Group and Cheshire West and Chester Council (the Council). Sanctuary is a non profit distributing organisation and leading housing, care and community services provider.
Avenue Services’ vision is ‘to be the major facilitator of social and economic change in Blacon’ by means of various regeneration projects, neighbourhood planning and service delivery, which provide benefits to local people. It will help fund and deliver projects that benefit the wider community within Blacon.
What qualifications do I need?
You don’t need any qualifications to be a Community Board Director but the person we are looking for should have:
- a strong affiliation or interest in Blacon;
- excellent time keeping and time management skills; and
- a willingness to commit time to the role.
As a Community Board Director you will be expected to:
- act in the best interests of Avenue Services at all times;
- uphold our values and objectives;
- uphold our core policies;
- contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the board;
- be independent, for example, not to represent any external campaign or organisation;
- be an ambassador for the organisation by promoting Avenue Services;
- prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events;
- maintain strict confidentiality of information; and
- respect the views of your colleagues and work together as a team.
If you would like an information pack and application form please contact Helen Kelly on 0300 123 1741 or email Helen.Kelly@sanctuary-housing.co.uk or visit our website http://www.avenueservices.org/be-involved/ways-you-can-get-involved/
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2018