How can I get involved?
If you are passionate about improving Blacon, there are various ways you can get involved:
- Take part in an Estate Walkabout for your street or area – all the dates are included in our What’s On section.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, like and comment on our posts and share our content with your friends.
- Send us your ideas for stories for our My Blacon newsletter.
- Give us your feedback on this website.
- Volunteer at Blacon Adventure Playground.
- Start your own hobby, interest or sporting group for the estate. You can contact us for advice about how to do this and what grants you may be able to access.
- Join the Blacon Area Panel. You can come along to the panel’s monthly meetings which are held on the second Monday of the month at 2pm at the Parade Enterprise Centre.
- Apply to join our Board as a Community Director. Every year one of our Community Board Directors steps down and we advertise for a replacement, usually in July/August. We have now completed our recruitment for 2019 and wish to thank everyone who expressed an interest in the post. The appointment will be announced at our September 2019 Board meeting.
If you would like to get involved or if you have any questions Avenue Services would love to hear from you, contact us.