Chance to join Avenue Services Board as a Community Director
29 September 2020
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for a Blacon resident to join the Avenue Services Board as a Community Director.
What is Avenue Services?
Avenue Services is a company limited by guarantee and is a joint venture between Sanctuary Group and Cheshire West and Chester Council. Sanctuary is a non-profit distributing organisation and leading housing, care and community services provider.
Avenue Services’ vision is ‘to be the major facilitator of social and economic change in Blacon’ by means of various regeneration projects, neighbourhood planning and service delivery, which provide benefits to local people. It helps to fund and deliver projects that benefit the wider community within Blacon.
What qualifications do I need?
Applicants must be 16 or over. You don’t need any qualifications to be a Community Board Director but the person we are looking for should have:
- A strong affiliation or interest in Blacon
- Excellent time keeping and time management skills
- A willingness to commit time to the role
As a Community Board Director you will be expected to:
- Act in the best interests of Avenue Services at all times
- Uphold our core policies, values and objectives
- Contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the board
- Be independent, for example, not to represent any external campaign or organisation
- Be an ambassador for the organisation by promoting Avenue Services
- Prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Respect the views of your colleagues and work together as a team.
If you would like to apply for the role, please complete the application form and diversity statement available from the links below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies can also be obtained by calling 01244 305452 or by emailing Avenue Services.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21 October 2020.