Are you interested in joining our Board as a Community Director?
20 October 2021
We’re pleased to announce an opportunity for a Blacon resident to join the Avenue Services board as a Community Director.
What is Avenue Services?
We achieve this through various regeneration projects, neighbourhood planning and by delivering services which provide benefits to local people. We also help to fund and deliver projects that benefit the wider community within Blacon.
As a Community Director, you’ll play a key role in helping us meet those objectives and ensuring that the views of the Blacon community are heard and represented.
What qualifications do I need?
Applicants must be 16 or over. You don’t need any qualifications to be a Community Director, but the person we are looking for should have:
- A strong affiliation or interest in Blacon
- Excellent time keeping and time management skills
- A willingness to commit time to the role
What does the role involve?
As a Community Director you will be expected to:
- Act in the best interests of Avenue Services at all times
- Uphold our core policies, values and objectives
- Contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the board
- Be independent, for example, not to represent any external campaign or organisation
- Be an ambassador for the organisation by promoting Avenue Services
- Prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Respect the views of your colleagues and work together as a team
If you’d like to apply for the role, please complete the application form and diversity statement available from the links below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies can also be obtained by calling 01244 305452 or by emailing Avenue Services.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10 November 2021.