Could you help us make a difference as a Community Director
11 October 2022
We’re pleased to announce an opportunity for two community-minded Blacon residents to join our board as Community Directors.
What is Avenue Services?
We achieve this through various regeneration projects, neighbourhood planning and by delivering services which provide benefits to local people. We also help to fund and deliver projects that benefit the wider community within Blacon.
As a Community Director, you’ll play a key role in helping us meet those objectives and ensuring that the views of the Blacon community are heard and represented.
What qualifications do I need?
Applicants must be 16 or over, but other than that you don’t need any specific qualifications to be a Community Director. However, the person we’re looking for should have:
- A strong affiliation to or interest in Blacon, and be a resident of the Blacon electoral ward
- Excellent time keeping and time management skills
- A willingness to commit time to the role
What does the role involve?
As a Community Director, you will be expected to:
- Act in the best interests of Avenue Services at all times
- Uphold our core policies, values and objectives
- Contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the board
- Be independent, for example, not to represent any external campaign or organisation
- Be an ambassador for the organisation by promoting Avenue Services
- Prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Respect the views of your colleagues and work together as a team
If you would like an information pack and application form, please contact Helen Kelly by calling 01244 305452 or 07919 066059, or emailing Helen.Kelly@sanctuary.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 October, 2022.