Opportunity to join Avenue Services as a Community Director
3 October 2023
We’re pleased to announce an opportunity for a community-minded Blacon resident to join the Avenue Services board as a Community Director.
What is Avenue Services?
Avenue Services is a joint venture between Sanctuary and Cheshire West and Chester Council. Operating as a not-for-profit social enterprise, our vision is to be ‘the major facilitator of social and economic change in Blacon’.
We achieve this goal in a number of ways, including regeneration projects, providing services for local people, and helping to fund and deliver projects that benefit Blacon and its residents through our Community Support Fund.
As a Community Director, you’ll play a key role in helping us meet those objectives and ensuring that the views of the Blacon community are heard and represented.
What qualifications do I need?
Applicants must be 16 or over, but other than that you don’t need any specific qualifications to be a Community Director. However, the person we’re looking for should have:
• A strong affiliation to or interest in Blacon, and be a resident of the Blacon electoral ward
• Excellent time keeping and time management skills
• A willingness to commit time to the role
What does the role involve?
As a community director, you’ll be expected to:
• Act in the best interests of Avenue Services at all times
• Uphold our core policies, values and objectives
• Contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the board
• Be independent – for example, not to represent any external campaign or organisation
• Be an ambassador for Avenue Services by promoting its work
• Prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events
• Maintain strict confidentiality of information
• Respect the views of your colleagues and work together as a team
Interested in becoming an Avenue Services board member and helping us to serve Blacon and the people who live here? Please contact Helen Kelly on 01244 305452 or 07919 066059, or email email@example.com for more information and an application form.
You can also find out more on the ‘Get Involved’ section of our website.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27 October.