Blacon library to reopen
27 August 2020
Blacon Library will reopen on Tuesday 1 September with temporary revised opening hours and new safety measures in place.
Items can be returned and borrowed via the self-service machine. Visitors will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing.
Borrowing items and use of computers will be self-service, so visitors should remember to bring their library card.
All loans have been extended until 1 October and overdue charges are currently suspended. You can check the return date on your items by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, some new measures will be in place:
- Limited numbers of people will be allowed in the building
- Families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Some services will be unavailable to begin with, including reservations, reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- Regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- The Summer Reading Challenge is online and you can find out about events and activities to do at home
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and one-way systems and floor markings in place to maintain social distancing
- Government Test and Trace guidelines will be followed
- Face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Revised Blacon Library opening hours
• Monday and Wednesday: 2pm – 5pm
• Tuesday and Friday: 10am – 1pm
• Thursday: 2pm – 6pm
• Saturday and Sunday: Closed
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01244 976030.
Please note that while the library is reopening, the public reception at the Parade Enterprise Centre will remain closed at this time. This is to protect our residents and staff members by minimising non-essential contact.
We want to continue to offer a safe and effective service during this time, and you can still contact Avenue Services by calling 0300 123 1741 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on how to get in touch regarding Sanctuary Housing services can be found here.